Residential Rental Application Requirements
If you are on the search for rental apartment, you will find this checklist very useful in your mission.
- If a credit report is requierd by owners/mgt, a $25.00 per applicant for credit report fee must be paid by tenant.
- $500 (no personal checks ) refundable deposit (Fully refundable only if you are not approved, if approved, deposit will be applied towards security deposit or broker’s service fee). For all co-op sublets, a full month deposit is required at the time of submitting the application. Posting a deposit does not guarantee acceptance of the application.
- Completed application by all applicants and guarantor.
- Copy of all applicants’ government issued photo id.
- If self employed or freelancing; Last 2 years’ tax returns and CPA letter verifying income.
- Employment letter verifying length of current employment including current income.
- Copy of bank statements and assets accounts for last 3 months (first page only is OK).
- Letter of current employment verification and (latest) three recent pay stubs.
- All documents (copies or original) submitted to the brokerage firm/owner or management company with/for the application, must remain in broker/management/owner possession for the record, thus are not returnable to the applicant(s). Please make copies for your records.
Applicant’s minimum base income must be 40 X monthly rent to qualify for an apartment. Guarantors must proof income of 80 X monthly rent to guaranty applicant and must submit all above documents as well. Please fax all paperwork to us or e-mail with the agents name on the cover sheet.
ABOUT TENANT SCREENING REPORTS.
Tenant screening reports from consumer reporting agencies are sometimes used to assist landlords in making rental decisions. Relevant to such reports we may use them by contacting the following:
EXPERIAN CALL 888-397-3742 EQUIFAX CALL 800-685-1111 TRANSUNION CALL 800-888-4213
The law requires us to notify you if property is not leased or rented to you based on information in that report. You also have the right to dispute the accuracy of the information in the report from such agency if property is not leased or rented to you based on such report. You are also entitled to receive one free report every 12 months from any nationwide specialty consumer reporting agency used by us, as well as a free credit report every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: EXPERIAN, EQUIFAX and TRANSUNION. You can request this free credit report through the website www.annualcreditreport.com. You may dispute the accuracy of any information about you that is contained in such report directly with the credit reporting agency.